TRADE TEST PREPARATION
Course duration: 20 days
The Electrical Trade Test Preparation course is for the Electrician with experience that would like to write his trade test. This course will ensure that you are well prepared before writing the Trade test. This will be ensured by practically testing all aspects of the trade, identifying the gaps and ensuring that those gaps are filled. You will learn, in a practical workshop environment from industry experts. All modules are done in a fully equipped workshop allowing you to immediately use your practical skills rather than a theoretical environment
This course is designed to prepare electrician apprentices for their Red Seal Trade Test
It covers the following modules:
Use and care of basic hand tools and instruments
Occupational health and safety regulations and SANS electrical regulations
Design and wire a circuit
Inspection and testing of components
Test and repair a pre-wired starters
Fault finding and repair of pre-wired starters
Individual learning outcomes resulting from above tasks:
Single phase forward/reverse starter (various controls and motors).
2. Three phase forward/reverse starter (various control and motors).
3. Star/delta and Forward/reverse star/delta starter.
4. Sequence starters (automatic, semi-automatic and manual).
5. Motor Test (single and three phase, slip ring).
6. Cable Test (1000V).
7. Energy panel (single and three phase).
8. Load balancing panel (240V and 400V loads).
9. Current and Voltage transformer panel using selector switches.
10. Faultfinding on various star/delta starters.
11. Faultfinding on various resistance starters.
12. Faultfinding on various auto transformer starters.
13. Faultfinding on dual speed motors (rotary and contactor switching).
14. Construction Work
All work must be done according to national safety standards and electrical regulation
New candidates may start their training on any given Monday. Each candidate has a different examination date and to accommodate we have cubicles that allows rotation of each module. The preparation is all practical installation tasks.
What the NEW process entails: (implemented Oct 2019)
The candidate will start his/her training – during the 3rd week of training an ARPL assessment to establish Trade Test Readiness will be conducted.
If failed, candidate will have opportunity to re attempt with a 2nd interview after another briefing after the 3rd week
The application will then be submitted to SETA for serial number request, and then examination date will be scheduled. The candidate will then return for final week training prior to examination date….